WELCOME

Please take some time to look around, listen to some really great music and watch youtube videos of Elliott's concert at Emporia in Virginia ,make some comments and take a poll or two. Please consider being a follower of my blog. I hope that you love Elliott's music as much as I do. I am always updating information as it comes in.

We love You Elliott!

Saturday, January 23, 2010

Life is good for Elliott Yamin

The former Richmond, Virginia, radio personality took a chance during an audition for "American Idol," impressing the judges and becoming a second runner-up on season five of the show.

It wasn't a win, but these days Yamin isn't fretting. He just released his sophomore album,
Fight for Love, which gave him a chance to come into his own.

College Times: What did you want to do differently on Fight for Love than you did on your post-"American Idol" debut album?


Yamin: I wanted to make a record that sounded more contemporary and more current and I wanted to write a lot more on this album than I did on the last one. I got to accomplish all of that and I'm very proud of it.


Like you said, you co-write a lot of your songs. Which of the songs on Fight for Love are most personal to you?


Probably the most personal to me would be a song called "Someday," which kind of talks about dealing with the loss of my mom a few years back and how I'm coping with it. I think it really has a personal connection with the listener or anyone who has ever lost somebody. So that's probably the most personal song on the album.


You've traveled to all ends of the globe for "Idol" and on your own accord. Which city has the biggest Elliott Yamin fans? Which city is Elliott Yamin the biggest fan of?


Probably Richmond, Virginia, my hometown. We've done some really big things over in Japan, so Tokyo has to be my favorite city in the world. I've been back and forth to Japan seven times over the past couple years. It's proved to be a really good market for us. We're just killing over there. I absolutely love everything about Japan, so I'm glad to just share my music and my talent with the folks over there. It's been awesome. It's been a dream come true. It's just surreal.


You were on "American Idol" in 2006, so you've distanced yourself a decent amount from them now. The ninth season premiered recently. Do you still watch the show?


Yeah, we've watched it the past couple nights. We've seen the first two nights.


Simon Cowell has said he's going to leave the show next season. How do you think the show will do without him?


You know, I really don't know. I just found out like three days ago that that's actually going down. I don't know. I think he's a big chunk of the reason of why people tune in. I can't imagine it being a good thing that he's leaving. I really think time will tell. I've heard a lot of people say that this might be the start of the end for "Idol." I've heard a lot of mixed emotions, so I really don't know what to think.


And how do you think Ellen DeGeneres will do as a judge when the finals come around?


I think she'll be great. She's got a great, bubbly personality. She's just a funny broad, man. I just watched her show today. I love her. I hope that people take to her kindly. It's just weird to me because she's not a singer, nor does she have any kind of musical experience, I guess. It's kind of an odd choice for me, but I think she's a great personality.


I've heard you say this tour is going to be "acoustic cool with a twist." What can we expect to see from your show? What's the twist?


I think they can expect good acoustic music that comes from the depths of my heart and soul. I'm a really emotional singer, so that's what it's like on stage. I think also why it's different is because we're playing with … a drum machine and it kind of adds a really cool dynamic to the show. I've never seen anybody do an acoustic show with a [drum machine.] So, I think that gives it a really cool vibe and element to the show. I hope people will walk away and say "Man, that kid can really sing. He's really talented and so is his band." I think people are gonna dig it.


Elliott Yamin, Marquee Theatre, January 23,
Edit: Show canceled

Thank you Christina Caldwell for this post

No comments: